Saturday, May 23, 2015

All my smog parts are now belong to Trans Am



Hey Everyone,

So i finally have all of the emissions equipment reattached to my car. I picked it up from Jimmy on Saturday after Uber-ing to Silverlake. He actually had to weld some of the parts on because the previous owner had cut off the pipes.

The whole thing came to $550 cash - which i think was really decent, considering it was a dirty non straight forward job.....

Below are just some of the things that needed to be performed

  • Weld in new CAT (Was $250)
  • Weld in LHS Air Check Valve
  • Reattach RHS Air Check Valve
  • Attach OEM Air Breathers
  • Replace OEM Valve Covers
  • Attach Silencer
  • Attach Diverter Valve
  • Attach Smog Pump
  • Run and reconnect all hoses and attach Air Duct Plenum.
  • Add new belts to pump
  • Check everything was working
  • Make the car not run like a dog after all of that
I'm actually amazed that he went through all of that to get the car road legal again. Like i said, the other guys said it was too much work, but Jimmy took it on, and didn't charge me an absolute fortune. I guess this is why he has 4.5 stars on Yelp.

The only problem remaining now is the Check Engine light. There is a lot of troubleshooting involved in figuring out whether it is the ECM, the Lamp Driver Module, The Bulb etc, so I've decided to do this myself, as its going to be another $200-$300 to get someone to do this for me and Jimmy is not really set up to do this kind of electrical work.


No comments:

Post a Comment